Impress your family and friends with this very special holiday pumpkin ice cream recipe, courtesy of Chef Angel.
- 8 oz Heavy Whipping cream
- 14 oz Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 cup Pumpkin Puree
- 2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
DIRECTIONS FOR HOMEMADE PUMPKIN PUREE
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Rinse your local sugar or pie pumpkin.
- Remove stem and level bottom so that it doesn’t roll.
- Cut in half, be careful because the skin is much thicker and you will need some elbow grease to cut through. A sharp knife or cleaver helps a lot.
- Remove the seeds with metal spoon or even an ice cream scoop, these can also be saved and used for making your own mix and flavor of holiday pumpkin seeds for snacking.
- Cut in half again.
- Take some canola oil or any neutral oil and lightly coat each piece of pumpkin, I also lightly salt the flesh.
- Place skin side up on half sheet pan lined with foil or parchment and roast until a paring knife can be easily inserted and removed from the pumpkin, 30 to 45 minutes. Test in several places to ensure it's done.
- Remove sheet pan and allow cooling for 1 hour. Using a large spoon, remove the roasted flesh of the pumpkin from the skin to the bowl of a food processor. Process until the flesh is smooth, 3 to 4 minutes. Can be store for up to 1 week in the refrigerator or keep up to 3 months in freezer. One sugar pumpkin will get approximately 16oz maybe a bit more.
DIRECTIONS FOR PUMPKIN ICE CREAM
- Whip the cream until stiff peaks form.
- Gradually add condensed milk while continuing to whip mixture
- Stir in the pumpkin, vanilla and spice.
- Place in desired container, suitable for the freezer.
- Freeze for atleast 4 hours and enjoy with great company.